Vacation Travel Reminders To Help Prevent Headaches
During summer travel and vacationing, keep several points in mind in order to prevent any worsening of migraine.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule, a stable "migraine diet," and despite the fact that you are on vacation, continue to exercise regularly. We believe that good health promotes stability in migraine control.
- Remember to take your medications with you!
- Limit sun exposure, since many migraine prevention medications may sensitize the skin to sunlight, resulting in erratic or unpredictable sunburns.
- Use a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses if exposed to bright light for a prolonged period of time (e.g., at the beach, boating, etc.).
- On hot and humid days people with headaches are also advised to drink adequate liquids, as low hydration may provoke migraine attacks.