The Institute utilizes a multispecialty team of physicians from the fields of pain medicine, neurology, and anesthesiology to address a wide variety of painful illnesses.
Most of the Institute's patients exhibit one or more of the following:
- Recurring or treatment-resistant pain
- Disability or impairment associated with pain
- Diagnostic complexity
- Pain-related addictive disease or medicine overuse patterns
- Significant family, psychological, or emotional/social disruptions related to their pain
- Altered functions of daily living, including work, resulting from pain or its accompaniments